[Buddha-l] on eating meat

Catalina Castell-du Payrat c_castell at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 00:39:04 MDT 2005

I always thougt about budhism as a common sense practical way of life (yes, you may try to prove I am wrong......) so I guess that aplies on eating meat as well. I also see budhism as "no absolutisms".

I feel compasionated for animals who are killed for their meat.......if everybody stops eating meat I will do it for sure, yes I know, I should start........ (I am not vegetarian, I was for a while, and I found it very complicated socially in my country at the time and complicated as well to eat in a healthy way given my ignorance,  I eat meat now once in a while)  In another hand, is generally accepted that humans survived in time because they ate meat.......and that a brain like ours to develop  "needed" meat.

Intention  is crucial in budhism as well. I agree with the idea that if you are a meat consumer, the butcher is killing for you anyways as a consumer. I asume that.

Catalina

Catalina Castell - du Payrat
c_castell at yahoo.com