[Buddha-l] on eating meat

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 20:33:44 MDT 2005

Laura Castell wrote:

> Should I assume that someone like The Dalai Lama would (obviously) take
> that into consideration or am I being idealistic ?
Though the Dalai Lama is well-travelled, he also seems somewhat insulated
and uninformed about some things that go on in the West.  I wonder if the
industrialization of the meat industry is one of them.  Until recently, he
got things seriously wrong about the plight of gays in the West until
somebody explained the situation to him.

> Sometimes I think I expect perfection from people who practice Buddhism,
> but they are people like us (in other words, full of imperfections!) and
> are on the road of learning, aren't they?

Indeed.  And we all have our blind spots.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge