[Buddha-l] on eating meat

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Wed Oct 19 19:47:56 MDT 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> If this were not so, it would surely result in a law being
> passed in Singapore specifying the punishment of caning to anyone caught
> reading buddha-l on company time.

That would be too dangerous. The President of the U.S.A. and the U.S. Army
might just decide to "liberate" Singapore from its "oppressors" by
precision-bombs. We know where to draw the line and not to escalate beyond
chewing gum which already pissed out a major U.S. corporation (Wrigley's)
immensely.

W.F. Wong