[Buddha-l] Buddhism & Alcohol

Kate marshallarts at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 18 15:38:20 MDT 2005

Hi Mike,

>Also I couldn't find what I was looking for on the Dalai Lama and wine.  (I've got stacks of folders and files to go through.)  So its probably best to ignore my comments on this until I can confirm in case I got it wrong in any way.<

I found the reference on this that I was looking for.  The comment on the Dalai Lama and wine is ambiguous.  Re-reading it, the "he" mentioned could refer to a number of the persons mentioned in the same para. So I asked the teacher who made this comment for clarification.

His answer is that as far as he knows His Holiness does NOT drink any kind of alcohol.  It is strictly forbidden.

Everyone please disregard my previous comment on this.  It was totally incorrect.  My apologies to all, especially the Dalai Lama.

Regards
Kate