[Buddha-l] Re: "Nature" and eating meat

Zelders.YH zelders.yh at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 25 17:15:19 MDT 2005

>Stefan :  > . . .  I wouldn't want to be the one to go and convert meat
> > eating Tibetans or blood drinking Masai to eat strictly vegetarian. Doe
> > jij dat maar :)
>
>Joy : And end up with my bloody cloths being exposed in a Mission Museum?
>(Ken
>jij het Missiemuseum in Tegelen, bij Venlo?) . . .

Next to those bloody clothes in the old exposition - (clothes from
missionaries killed in China during the Boxer Uprising) - there was a small
bronze Omito Fo-statue with a yellowed card that read "Pagan Idol from
Heathen Temple" ("Afgodsbeeld uit heidensche tempel"). That was only twenty
years ago. Nice to be so unexpectedly reminded of it on Buddha-l.

Herman Zelders
.