[Buddha-l] Re: +AFs-Buddha-l+AF0- Re: +AFs-Buddha-l+AF0- What's wrong with a little Dharma?

Dan Lusthaus dlusthau at mailer.fsu.edu
Thu Sep 1 01:05:10 MDT 2005

Stephen,

>  As we all know, Dan has certain ethno-racial sensitivities, but
> in this instance seemed oblivious of other people's sensitivities.

Isn't this a case similar to what Richard described as

"like the Cretan who said that all Cretans are liars." If having such
sensitivities is a negative, why do you allow yourself to have them?

By the way, while we are on the subject, referring to a certain group of
people about whom I am known to be sensitive as a "race" is considered
offensive -- some scholars would argue antisemitic -- since the term
"antisemitism" arose as a label for racial theories about Jews in the 19th
century. I'm sure your usage was not intended in that way.

Dan