[Buddha-l] What's wrong with a little Dharma?

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 07:08:37 MDT 2005

That has been the channel arrangement with DirecTV and DishNet for some
time.

Incidentally, if one has DishNet, the rather interesting show No Dogs
of Philosophers Allowed is still airing ( http://www.nodogs.org ).

Link TV occasionally has some shows with Buddhist content. Recently the
documentary Doing Time, Doing Vipassana
(http://www.linktv.com/programming/programDescription.php4?code=time)
aired.

Jack Kornfield and Joan Halifax have appeared on Lunch With Bokara
( http://www.cemproductions.org/bokara.shtml ).

And a final plug: PBS' Religion and Ethics Weekly
( http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/ ) is well worth a look.

Michael

--- "Richard P. Hayes" <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

[snip]

> The local cable television server, Comcast, has recently re-organized
> its listings to make them more "convenient to viewers." The result is
> that all the "news" networks are clustered together, with Fox "news"
> right in the middle with its fair and balanced reporting. Fox used to
> be
> much more difficult to find. In fact, I had no idea where it was
> until
> about a month ago when seeing the flick "Outfoxed" aroused my morbid
> curiosity. But now if anyone flips through the news channels they're
> bound to pass through Fox. And right next to the news networks are
> about
> a dozen Christian networks all lined up in a neat row, so you can go
> right from the news to the propaganda to the NASCAR races with a few
> easy clicks. Isn't that convenient? (Of course if you're interested
> in seeing Jewish or Buddhist programming, forget it.)

[snip]