[Buddha-l] Re: Bertrand Russell

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Aug 14 23:05:20 MDT 2006

On Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Jim Peavler wrote:

>> And  yes,  there  are a lot of exchange in my world,
>> it's  just that I try to follow the Old Indian Guy's
>> teaching and avoid idle chattering and harsh speech,
>> because it provokes dukkha for oneself and others.

> Do  you  imagine  that your "more Buddhist than thou"
> stance  in  relation  to  everybody  does not provoke
> dukkha?

   Just  because  you're  indulging  in  samsaric life,
don't  think  others don't try to follow the Old Indian
Guy's advices. I don't think all the USA is represented
by  your  views,  but if you think that trying to avoid
harsh  speech is too Buddhist, I humbly sugguest you to
leave your camaraderie aside and try again.

   Best wishes,

P.S.  If  you  want to indulge in harsh speech, please,
write  me  to  my  personal e-mail, because I will have
canceled  my  subscription  by  the time you're reading
this post.

--
Benito Carral
  Asturias, Sepharad (Spain)