[Buddha-l] Re: Bertrand Russell

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Aug 14 23:30:52 MDT 2006

On Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Jim Peavler wrote:

> It  is your tone that is offensive and your insisting
> that  everyone  else falls far short of the ideal you
> have set for yourself.

   I  have  not set any ideal, it's just plain Buddhism
for  the  masses. If you find right speech too much for
you,  I  humbly suggest that you to find a good teacher
and  work hard. You probably know that right action has
quite more to do than right speech.

> Do  you  imagine  that your "more Buddhist than thou"
> stance  in  relation  to  everybody  does not provoke
> dukkha?

   Stupid  people  cry about all kind of bizarre stuff.
Anyway,  dukkha is only promoted by attachment, hatred,
and  ignorance, where you can find harsh speech. If you
prefer  to  defend your "friend" instead of recognizing
stupid speech, it's up to you, of course.

> I  prefer  silence  to pompous bullshit, similarly to
> you.  I prefer humor and irony to self- righteousness
> and  self-aggrandizement.  Perhaps  that  makes  me a
> solipsist.

   If  you  enjoy  Richard's shit, it's quite sure that
you  should  undertake  some kind of therapy. I neither
have  "solipsist" in my dictionary. In Spain we have no
money to buy good English dictionaries.

> And even better wishes to you, you arhat you.

   I'm  not  even  a  stupid  practitioner,  but I have
attended  the right speech class, I humbly suggest that
you do the same and learn to be a good moderator (maybe
you  can  rename  "Buddha-L"  by  "Clown-Richard--L" or
something like that).

   Now,  being  serious,  do you know how many messages
Richard  has  needed  to indulge in ad hominem attacks?
How  can  you  defend  such  a  behaviour? He should be
banished  of  any  decent  discussion  list.  He's just
e-insane.

   Best wishes,

--
Benito Carral