[Buddha-l] Re: Political views of Buddhists

Tyler Cann tycann2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 00:45:46 MST 2006

> I know from my own experience that Asian Buddhists tend to have
> social and political views that make their Western co-religionists
> cringe.

Sounds about right to me.  Here in Thailand, most members
of the Dhammakaaya sect would probably fall slightly to the
North of Rush Limbaugh... you should see some of their
gruesome public displays on the 'evils' of drinking and sex.
Additionally, their conversion efforts often outshine even
those of the most fervent evangelical Christians.

By the way my score was:
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23
Kind of disappointing.  I really wanted to be in the Southeast quadrant, just to be different.  And because Milton Friedman was cool.