[Buddha-l] The way the wind blows

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:12:54 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 15:07 -0500, Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:

> My method of evaluating a teacher is whether their technique made
> themselves better than they were. Will their technique make me better
> than I am?

That is also my approach. Fortunately, I am at such a low level of
cultivation that almost anything will make me better than I am. Once one
gets beyond the stage where watching a tank full of guppies doubles or
triples one's spiritual attainments, it may be harder to find teachers.
But I don't figure that will happen to me for another two or three
incalculable aeons. (Then maybe I can look into some of those super
advanced advaitin masters that other folks on this list recommend.)

--
Richard