[Buddha-l] What are the "joys of living"?

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sat Jun 24 19:34:23 MDT 2006

It is my personal belief that when a single person becomes the final
arbiter of truth and knows absolutely what is right and what is
wrong, what correct and incorrect, what is permissible and not
permissible, who is good and who is a slacker -- it is my personal
belief, that we have left the realm of ideas and discussion and have
entered the realm of proselytizing, doctrine and dogma.

Our charter, addressing the professional, semi-professional,
interested expert, casual dilettante, and romantic idiot members of
the famous Buddha-Hell subscription list, states the following:

Buddha-l is not to be used for proselytizing for or against Buddhism
in general, any particular form of Buddhism, or any other religion or
philosophy, nor is it to be used as a forum for making
unsubstantiable confessions of personal conviction. Lively debate is
welcome, but we aim for a deep concern both for the matter being
discussed and for those participating in the conversation.

We have been told the absolute truth about what real Buddhism is and
what real Buddhists think, and how real Buddhists act. We are all now
reassured that we are not now, nor ever have been, nor have any
chance of ever being, real Buddhists.

So lets get back to good old-fashioned mundane Buddhism as she is
seen on the streets.

Let the games (not football [soccer]) continue.