[Buddha-l] Re: What are the "joys of living"?

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Sun Jun 25 02:27:53 MDT 2006

On Sunday, June 25, 2006, Jim Peavler wrote:

> It  is  my  personal belief that when a single person
> becomes   the   final  arbiter  of  truth  and  knows
> absolutely what is right and what is wrong [...]

   Since  the  Buddha was the first one in teaching the
Dharma,  are  you  trying to suggest that he was wrong?
Are  you  suggesting that Sheng-yen and Thich Nhat Hanh
don't  understand  their  tradition? Is there some rule
against  that kind of proselytizing? Is there some rule
about arbitrary application of rules?

   Anyway, I have studied with several Buddhist masters
and all of them taugh that indulging in attachments and
enjoying  samsara  is not a Buddhist thing. Who are the
ones here going against evidence?

   Best wishes,

--
Benito Carral