[Buddha-l] Re: What are the "joys of living"?

Tim Bovee/Datni LLC tbovee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:14:57 MDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Benito Carral <bcarral at kungzhi.org> wrote:

> Given  that  salsa  is  a
> lust-oriented   dance,   it   should   be   avoided  by
> Buddhists--it's  so  easy  like that.

As a non-academic I'm reluctant to weigh in, but I must object to salsa
being labelled a lust-oriented dance. It's a rhythmic dance. Sometimes it's
danced with partners, and sometimes it's danced solo. Sometimes it inspires
lust. Sometimes it inspires happiness and feelings of human kindness.

Any activiity can under certain circumstances inspire lust, or not.
Sometimes, sitting in the sun reading a book can inspire lust, no?

Tim Bovee
Herndon, Va.
tbovee at gmail.com/www.daypoems.net