[Buddha-l] Re: What are the "joys of living"?

Tim Bovee/Datni LLC tbovee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 05:15:51 MDT 2006

On 6/27/06, Benito Carral <bcarral at kungzhi.org> wrote:

> Since  I  have  exposed  my  view  in a clear way, have
> provided  textual support just in case someone wants to
> explore  the  issue  further, and I'm not going to have
> much  free  time during the rest of week, I conclude my
> intervention here about this topic.

I, too, have exposed my view in a clear way, although without textual
support beyond a reference to "Debbie Does Dallas", and I shall be
vacationing in Oregon next week. So I, too, shall conclude my intervention,
after commenting on Benito Carral's Dalai Lama quote.

On 6/27/06, Benito Carral <bcarral at kungzhi.org> wrote:

>  There  is  nothing  inherently so, but as the actual
> Dalai  Lama  said  once,  "Hit  your  head  strong  and
> appeciate how empty the pain is."

Since having a stroke in the thalamus a couple of years ago, I can now stick
a needle in the palm of my left hand and feel no pain. It has given me an
entirely new appreciation of the nature of reality. Pain is indeed empty if
the sensory inputs aren't there.

Tim Bovee
Herndon, Virginia
tbovee at gmail.com/www.daypoems.net