[Buddha-l] Reminder: Religion and Colonialism Consultation

Elmore, Mark melmore at unf.edu
Fri Mar 3 10:31:16 MST 2006

Dear colleagues,

I would like to remind members of new AAR consultation entitled
"Religion and Colonialism," and urge you to consider submitting a
proposal.   Please see our Call for Papers.

Religion and Colonialism Consultation CFP

Mark Elmore, University of North Florida, melmore at unf.edu.

Caleb Elfenbein, University of California, Santa Barbara,
che at umail.ucsb.edu.

The Religion and Colonialism Consultation invites papers on the theme of
"colonialisms of modernization." In particular, we are interested in
proposals that examine how strategies designed to "modernize" colonial
and postcolonial subject populations envisioned, forged, and
transfigured existing "religious" beliefs and practices. We welcome
proposals employing historical, ethnographic, philosophical, or other
methodological approaches. Further, we encourage submissions from
diverse geographic areas including Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and
the Americas.

Submissions due by March 7, 2006

Thank You,

Mark Elmore