[Buddha-l] religious pluralism in Asia

Blumenthal, James james.blumenthal at oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 10 09:28:20 MST 2006

John Whalen-Bridge wrote:

>Hello all. One often hears discussion of the pluralism and tolerance of Asian religions (Buddhism, Jainism, Hinduism, say) as compared to Religions of the Book.  Can anyone recommend a good historical overview of this idea, whether affirming, challenging, or something in between?
>
>And where is Richard Hayes?  He can't be THAT busy.  Richard, come home!
>
>Allbest,  JWB

I don't have the exact citation handy, but I remember picking up a book in Kathmandu about ten years ago called Religious Minorities in Nepal which discussed this topic in the Nepali context.  The book was based on a thesis recently completed in Europe.  My books are currently boxed up, but somebody else might have the details on this one.

Jim Blumenthal

James Blumenthal
Department of Philosophy
Oregon State University