[Buddha-l] Photographs of buddha-l regulars

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 1 12:31:51 MST 2006

Richard Hayes schreef:

> I'm guessing we'll never know for sure what the Buddha looked like, because he
> probably instructed Ananda to break the cameras of all the paparazzi who
> followed him and other samana celebrities around the Ganges valley. Which
> makes me think he probably looked a bit like Frank Sinatra. With a turban in
> place of a Fedora.

I would not give up hope, Richard. After all scientists succeded in
composing a portrait of Jezus of Nazareth from archeological evidence.
The surprise was that it looked suspiciously like Yassar Arafat.
By comparison the Buddha should look like what, the king of Nepal,
Musharaf, Mullah Omar? :-)

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
weblog http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950