[Buddha-l] Tortoise mind?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Nov 6 11:42:16 MST 2006

> Are people still doing the satori tank thing? I was just trying to recall
> the other day what these were called......these aimed at total sensory
> deprivation, right?

Yes. The other day a new institute opened which asks €30,- an hour, maybe it
will cach on again.
You're floating in salted water, body temperature in the dark, you forget
where you are and your phantasy makes overtime. I never had the experience
myself, but I read some reports. Not everybody likes it.  One of the most
interesting things was that some people were very sensitive for smells
afterwards, this lasted the rest of the day.

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
weblog http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950