[Buddha-l] Dissent or Service?

Jon Weaver jonsweaver at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 16:22:40 MDT 2006

I have great respect for dissent and non-violent resistence. I've  protested and been arrested myself. I'm not letting us Buddhists off  the hook. Both of us recognize that something is missing from sanghas  AND congregations AND our society. So how do we, as scholars and  elders, add that yeast, so courage and integrity can rise? How can we  help comfortable and complacent sitters to get up and go practice in  the streets?

  Metta, Jon Weaver