[Buddha-l] Political incorrectness towards Buddhism?

Stefan Detrez stefan.detrez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 04:32:38 MDT 2006

Dear listmembers,

on the market there are plenty of books trashing the monotheist religions.
They seem to be thriving well in an atmosphere where plenty of writers throw
political correctness overboard. I think they can act in cathartic ways for
followers, just like christianity survived the Enlightenment-years of
painful freethought., producing a more 'consitent' theology, I dare say.

My overall impression is that we do a lot of 'clean' talk on Buddhism,
avoiding harsh criticisms. Are we being politically correct, harboring
PI-thougths? Or have not yet been able to formulate a criticism with a
PI-touch? Or maybe there's nothing to criticize about Buddhism?

Any of you bumped into a website, or rather, books of politically incorrect
nature on Buddhism?

Thanks,

Stefan

PS: to give you an impression of a now popular PI-book is the PIGuide to
Islam (and the Cruisades), by neo-con Robert Spencer, who runs
http://jihadwatch.org/ and published by www.regnery.com. You can download a
free chapter here:

http://www.politicallyincorrectguide.com/offers/offer.php?id=ISL001