[Buddha-l] prostrations, anti-Israel and anti-semitism

Nichts nichtsistnichts at filousophie.de
Mon Sep 25 04:49:54 MDT 2006

Am 24.09.2006 um 19:11 schrieb Braitstein Lara:
> And you know, I've met Buddhists who prostrate up to
> 5000 times a day.
I never did it more than 500 times a day. And my experience is
accurately condensed in this little piece by John (Major) Perks (from
"The Mahasiddha and His Idiot Servant"):

 >>Standing on the wild highland moor, the moss soft underfoot, I look
down the heather-covered slope. My gaze rests upon the clear blue lake
with its perfect round island in the center. Upon this island stands a
single giant tree. In the branches sit all the lineage holders: Tilopa,
Naropa, Marpa, Milarepa, and all the rest, with >name of Guru< in the
center top. They are all drinking, laughing, and having a great time.
I'm stuck on this hillside doing prostrations. My mother is on my left
side, my father is on my right, and M. (>enemy name<) is behind me.
They are all prostrating with me.
So here we go. I start to mutter: "I take refuge in the Buddha, I take
refuge in the dharma, I take refuge in the sangha."
I'm huffing and puffing away, up and down, down and up, moving the
beads in my right hand one at a time, only eighty thousand five hundred
to go. Sweat is running down my face and my back is as stiff as a
board. I look to each side. My mum and dad are having a hard time as
well, so I tell them to sit down and rest. They thank me for my
kindness as they rest in the soft moss. But I keep that fucker M.
popping up and down behind me. I slip, falling in my haste on my right
side.
"Fuck! Fuck the guru. Fuck the Buddha, fuck the Dharma, fuck the
Sangha."
With my eyes still closed I rub my arm, flexing my throbbing wrist. I
look over at the tree. Those fuckers are all laughing at me. "Fuck you,
you lazy bunch of loafers. Why don't you go out and get a real job or
help someone," I exclaim to my mind. "I'll show you. I'm going to
finish these fucking prostrations, then I'll be sitting in that fucking
tree and I'll have all you fuckers prostrating on this goddamn fucking
sonofabitching hillside."
They start laughing so hard some of them are falling out of the tree.
I'm getting really mad now, moving up and down as fast as I can. M.
can't keep up. He falls, sobbing, on the ground behind me. "Serves you
right, you fucking chink." Up and down, tip and down I fly, the beads
moving in my hand. The guys in the tree are now looking worried. Their
jobs are on the line. Perks is coming. Triumph shines in my mind. "When
I get over to that island I'm going to get a chain saw and cut that
fucking tree down, Then you'll have to find some other place to hang
your lazy asses." At that Tilopa drops his fish, looking shocked. "Ha,
Ha, I think I will. I will . . ." Snap. The bead string breaks in my
hand. I hear the beads scatter across the floor. I open my eyes to see
them running into the shrine room corners. "Shit! Shit!" I bellow.
Sitting in a sweating heap I start to pick them up, putting them
carefully into the shrine table bowl. My sacred mala beads were given
to me by Rinpoche. Frantically I count them. "Fucking hell, there's
three missing." Searching all over I find only one. Now I feel sorry
that I yelled at Tilopa. Sadness engulfs me. A tear starts in my eye,
then stops. "Perhaps Tilopa had planned this all along. Remember the
stunts he pulled on that sucker Naropa?" Now I'm getting mad again.
"Well, I'll be a sonofabitch, I have a realization! Those bastards in
the tree had planned this all along to try to get me to stop my
prostrations so that I would not get to Bliss Island and have a good
time like them. I bet M. is in on this as well, and Rinpoche-he's the
ringleader."
I'm really pissed off at their deception. I feel betrayed. "How could
they do this after I have given them all my devotion?" Now I'm sad
again. "How could they do this?" Then I'm angry again. "Those
sonofabitches, I'll show them." I pick up the bowl with the sacred
beads and stomp toward the shrine room door. Turning, I yell at the
shrine, "I'll be back, motherfuckers." I open the door and run smack
into Rinpoche, who is standing there in his Mrs. Mop cleaning outfit
with a broom in his hands. He says, "Are you okay, Johnny?" Startled, I
become very British and exclaim, "Oh fine, Sir, I'm fine. Just
practicing, Sir."
I feel his eyes following me as I run up the stairs to change. I push
open my bedroom door and put the sacred beads onto the bedside table
with great care, then flop onto the bed. I look around the room feeling
safe in its familiar order, the way I  have set it up with the pictures
of Vajradhara, His Holiness (>16.Karmapa<), and Rinpoche, with the
flowers, my revolver under my pillow, the bullets in the drawer wrapped
in my girlfriend's underpants, and the jar of Vaseline for jerking off.
I reach down to hold my penis. It gets hard as I think of >womans
name<. "wow," I think, "Rinpoche is really crazy."<<
Don´t you think we are now ready for Guantanamo?

> You might want to
> consider educating yourself.
Have you ever read the works of the founders of the Muslim Brotherhood
and the works of their successors? Have you read the works of the
founder of the Wahabi movement? Do you know at least who I am talking
about? (Not Osama) Do you know anything tangible about this humans and
their movements? Or do they just exist as a deconstucted entity worth
your global affection in this balanced world you like to inhibit?
Anyway, it´s a little bit like with Adolfs "My Struggle". Not many
besides the fanatic followers have really read it. And the very few
non-followers, who read it, could not believe that he really meant what
he proposed (which was a deadly mistake for many german jews). Unlike
Adolf, this Muslims I am talking about are in some way very reasonable
and very well educated people and there is beauty in their writings.
But the proposals, the consequences, are pretty much the same as
Adolfs. Anti-semitism is not a question of education or no education,
of wealth or no wealth, not even of jew or no jew. Some of the best
anti-semites have been jews. And some white, blue eyed aryans like me
go to anti-nazi demonstrations cheering Israel Flags to give the
multicultural peace-movement people an opportunity to unite by common
interest with their archenemy, the nazi-movement.

Shalom and all the best,
dream further,

Thomas Fink