[Buddha-l] Fighting creationism

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Apr 6 09:53:00 MDT 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007 06:01, SJZiobro at cs.com wrote:

> I was thinking about this a bit more last night.  I sought to keep my
> remarks on the level of reason, as have Bob, Stephen, and even you.

EVEN me? Reason is my middle name. No, I take it back. My middle name is
Philip, even though I don't love horses at all. (I used to love horse meat,
but that may not count as loving horses.) Still, I nearly always do my best
to be reasonable, unless I'm doing my best to be silly, provocative, ironic,
sardonic, sarcastic, bombastic, flippant, insulting, outrageous or nasty.

>  I think your remarks, though perhaps understandable, are either a
> bit gratuitous.  But they might also be something else.

Good heavens, Stan. You've been on this list for how many years and you are
just now discovering that my remarks are gratuitous? Don't worry. My feelings
are not hurt, except I'm somewhat miffed that you qualify my gratuitosity (a
quality very close in meaning to grace) with the minimizing adverbial
phrase "a bit."

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy