[Buddha-l] Vipassana is growing in popularity in India

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Feb 8 15:30:06 MST 2007

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6322237.stm

........As for stressed-out advertising executive Dinesh Damodaran, the
answer lies in a meditation technique once popular among Buddhists.

"I meditate using the Vipassana technique - it's very effective, it helps me
handle the day-to-day pressure of work," he says.

"You feel a lot more calm and are more productive at work."

Vipassana is growing in popularity in India. Many institutions - both
government and private sector - now offer courses for their employees.