[Buddha-l] Buddhism and homosexuality/homophobia - request forinformation

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 24 17:06:04 MST 2007

Sharon et al.,

Yes, Cabezon's edited collection that Jim Blumenthal mentioned covers a
lot of ground in itself. A very good book. Here, also, are some links
to pages I had my students read for a course on gender and sexuality in
Buddhism, Islam, and Lakoka Religion. I assume some of these are
broken, but some should still work.

Good luck and feel free to contact me offlist.

Franz

=====

Women in Early Buddhism
http://www.enabling.org/ia/vipassana/Archive/D/DeSilva/WomenInBuddhism/
womenInBuddhismSwarnaDeSilva.html

The Buddha Allows Nuns
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/modern/thanissaro/bmc2/ch23.html

Women in Theravada Buddhist History
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/bps/wheels/wheel280.html

Women in Mahayana Buddhist History
http://www.livingdharma.org/Living.Dharma.Articles/WomenInBuddhism1.html

Homosexuality in Buddhism
http://www.buddhanet.net/homosexu.htm

The Buddha Nature is Queer
http://www.gaybuddhist.org/archive/2002-08.pdf

A Contemporary Zen Teacher Praises the Lineage of Women
http://www.zencenter.org/news/DharmaTalks/WomenAcquiringTheEssence.htm