[Buddha-l] Re: Can Buddhists quit smoking?

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Sat Jul 7 21:08:33 MDT 2007

Katherine Masis wrote
> I hardly ever burn incense anymore, but I've heard of "smokeless
> incense."

Back in my home country, Singapore, we have electric candles (that's red
and fickers) as well as electric incense (the Chinese-style joss stick
type - basically a LED bulb at the tip that lights up). I have also seen
them being used in the Chinese Buddhist temple at New York's Chinatown.
We also have fake flowers and fake fruits for offering. But be warned:
none of these things are probably "China-free".

By the way, in case people don't know, Thai monks smoke quite often.

W. F. Wong