[Buddha-l] H.H. The 11th Panchen Lama reappears

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.plus.com
Mon Jul 30 21:37:34 MDT 2007

Wong Weng Fai wrote:

> But it had pasted on its wall something about "Boy Lama still missing" -
> an article about the 11th Panchen Lama. We were talked about it and then
> went home.
>
> Then this morning, on cable's China Central TV 4 (CCTV4), the showed a
> rather lengthy clip of the 11th Panchen Lama visiting Chengde (the Qing
> emperors' summer palace near Beijing).

But there are two Panchen Lamas -- the real one and the fake one selected by
the Chinese.  The one you saw was the fake one.  What has happened to the
real one ?  Probably dead by now.  And we'll probably see a repetition of
this as and when the curent DL dies -- unless he fulfils his threat not to
re-emanate.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge