[Buddha-l] The Lost Tomb of Jesus

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 16:25:50 MST 2007

Gang,

Stan Ziobro wrote,

> It doesn't take faith to question the veracity of the claims.

Touché, Stan! A model post: cogent, convincing, and funny to boot. And
thanks, Weng Fai, for the gamut of links you've sent. The tomb stuff
has been fun, but the religion-as-byproduct article was really quite
provocative to me. I need to think further about it. No doubt some
folks will say it doesn't apply to Buddhism, as Buddhism does not
ascribe agency or mind to the universe (though it does ascribe
causality to it). The facts on the ground, though, show that Buddhism
for the vast majority does (always) ascribe all three qualities to this
saha world. I don't know if I buy the adaptationist view, but I'm
considering it.

Franz