[Buddha-l] The Lost Tomb of Jesus

SJZiobro at cs.com SJZiobro at cs.com
Tue Mar 6 17:12:12 MST 2007

If one posits that fiath and science are not opposed, then perhaps one can disagree for reasons of evidence and it not simply be a matter of faith.  For instance, the discovery was made in 1980 or thereabouts.  The Israli archeologist didn't give it a thought that this could be Jesus tomb because:

1.  The ossuary reflects those used by middle to upper middle class Jersualemnites whereas Christ was Galilean;

2.  The names were so common that it is not a wonder that one finds a Jesus buried with somebody named Mary;

3.  The DNA doesn't match;

4.  And how would anybody determine Jesus' DNA, anyway; etc.

It doesn't take faith to question the veracity of the claims.

Stan Ziobro