[Buddha-l] Filming silence in a Carthusian monastery

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 13:38:31 MDT 2007

Joanna et al.,

I'm afraid bringing my two year old daughter to a showing of "The Great
Silence" is probably not right speech, so I may not see it in a
theater. But I did notice the film's review in the my newspaper and it
was TREMENDOUS. Hard to recall ever reading a better one. Good luck in
getting your theater to screen it. (It occurs to me that just as seeing
a comedy among a laughing audience increases one's enjoyment immensely,
seeing this film among a silent audience ought to increase its power
immensely.)

Franz