[Buddha-l] Victimized vegans?

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Fri May 11 10:09:54 MDT 2007

jkirk wrote:

> Yes; IMO the vegan ideology is ridiculous.

Why? Gives us a good argument instead of an unsupported sweeping
statement. Besides, are you sure you want to use the word "ridiculous"?
That's not the most useful or respectful word when writing about
someone's ideology, is it?

> Vegans enforce their warped views on children, unlike the Mahatma.

This is not only factually wrong, if you mean that all vegans do that,
but also insulting to the wonderfully sensible vegans that don't do that.

By the way, I am not vegan myself and I have certainly met painful and
unreasonable vegans in the past.

Alberto Todeschini