[Buddha-l] Victimized Vegans?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun May 13 20:38:34 MDT 2007

On Sunday 13 May 2007 16:48, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> It's interesting that almost
> no one seems to be paying any attention to this, much less offering any
> serious analysis or diagnosis, especially given the generally
> anti-capitalist leanings of many Western Buddhists

I think you may be stuck in the 1970s, Dan. I have not seen much evidence of
anti-capitalist leanings in Western Buddhists since about the time of the
Watergate break-ins. It seems to me that most of us abandoned our visions of
Communist Utopias at about the same time. As one of my old friends from the
60s once put it "A lot of things changed when heroin became the drug of
choice instead of LSD."

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy