[Buddha-l] Victimized vegans?

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Wed May 16 04:08:30 MDT 2007

Erik wrote:

>For rape you should ask
>the Kargyudpa tradition especially the late Kalu Rche has made himself a
>reputation. I must say that I was rather embarrassed when an elderly and
>important rinpoche of this tradition kissed me on the mouth and asked me
>to visit him early in the morning in his chambers (I cannot remember his
>name now).

I presume you refer to the book and article by June Campbell? There have been some heated discussions on and off the net on that subject. I am not sure it can be called rape, but some details mentioned in the book I found disturbing. I did hear about another genuin rape affair in the same lineage, where a court case was prevented by a financial setllement.

A kiss during the first encounter with a bodhisattva, being eaten by him the next existence and finally being liberated. You're almost there ;-)