[Buddha-l] Victimized vegans?

Christopher Fynn cfynn at gmx.net
Wed May 16 04:47:56 MDT 2007

Joy :-

I have very serious doubts about June's claims. I was living in Sonada
throughout the period she was there - and often slept in the waiting room next
to Kalu Rinpoche's room.

June first told the story years after the alleged event - and when she told the
story in person, the Lama she claimed this happened with was Bokar Rinpoche -
with whom I know she did spend a lot of time taking personal teachings.

I pretty much doubt both accounts - particularly the revised version. June does
have rather a big "radical feminist agenda". There are other far less attention
grabbing claims in her book which anyone can see are sheer unfounded nonsense
made to fit that agenda.

Anyway if Rinpoche wanted to have 'tantric sex' in order to improve his health
and extend his lifespan (which is what she claims) there were plenty of younger
and more attractive girls and women about (Western, Tibetan and Bhutanese) who
you'd think would be far more suitable for that purpose.

- Chris