[Buddha-l] flat earth?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed May 16 08:51:56 MDT 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 20:00, curt wrote:

> I only mock Batchelor because it is easy and because he begs for it.

Perhaps the best course of action, if you don't find Batchelor's approach to
Buddhism helpful, is to read something else that you find more to your taste.
Leave his books in the library so that those of us who think he is the best
Dharma teacher alive can check them out from time to time.

Although I have long ago discovered that there is no reasoning with you once
your prejudices have turned to cement, I would say for the sake of others
that Batchelor's alleged historical gaffes are extremely minor and of no
consequence at all to his larger project, which I think is the most important
currently in the Buddhist world.

--
Richard Hayes