[Buddha-l] NYTimes.com: Let Us Pray for Wealth

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 11:44:10 MST 2007

Richard,

Perhaps we should instead follow your model with how you talk about Bush,
Republicans, etc.?

Muslims have been extirpating Buddhists almost since their inception --
removing them from Central Asia and India, where Buddhists once roamed free.
They are still blowing up the vestiges of Buddhism (e.g. Bamiyan). The flow
of missionaries from India to China virtually dried up by land routes once
the Muslims gained control of strategic parts of the Silk Road in the 8th
c -- a key factor in why Dharmakirti and the pramanavadins that came after
him were completely unknown in East Asia until modern times. That Buddhists
should accurately reflect on past and current dangers is not a case of bad
speech.

Dan