[Buddha-l] Re: Let Us Pee for Health

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Nov 8 16:16:48 MST 2007

On Thursday 08 November 2007 14:54, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> America is rapidly heading for third-world status.

On this we fully agree, which proves that if the dialogue continues long
enough, all apparent differences will be resolved.

America has become a third-world country, thanks to a hard-working team of
Republican bananas. That's why I have been pushing very hard for a Union of
American States in which every member nation (that is, every country in the
Americas from the Arctic circle to Tierra del Fuego, including all the
Caribbean nations, including Cuba) will have a common currency (called the
American peso). Every legal resident of every nation in the Union of American
States will be allowed to live and travel freely and work, without passports
or permits, anywhere in the Americas. I think we third-world nations should
stick together.

There will be no military allowed anywhere within the Union, since who the
hell is going to attack America? Antartica? Not likely. Europe? They've
already done it and don't need to repeat the mistake. Australia? Fiji? They
don't need the headaches. Asia? They don't need to invade, when all they need
to do is call in all the money they have lent us. I reckon we'll all be
eligible to serve in Sichuan as corvée labor during the planting and harvest
seasons.

I'm actually quite serious about this proposal and vow not vote for any
presidential candidate who is not fully behind this plan. It is, I am quite
convinced, exactly what the Buddha would have wanted for the Americas (if he
had known about the Americas). It may be be difficult to persuade Canadians
that it would be to their advantage to join the Union of American
States---until winter comes.

--
Richard Hayes