[Buddha-l] Religious Persecution

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 9 09:44:47 MST 2007

Curt,

Are you not overstating the case somewhat here ? I am not convinced
that Constantine engaged in 'systematic and systemic violent
intolerance'. Even Theodosius did not do that. Otherwise we would not
see the continuation of the schools of pagan philosophy in Athens
until long after this and e.g. the temples in Greece would not have
lasted as long as they did.

It seems to me more a case of a slowly growing infection that
gradually got worse in both Christianity and Islam over the course of
half a millennium.

Lance