[Buddha-l] Loving your object of study

Katherine Masis twin_oceans at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 10:06:43 MST 2007

(a) Jim wrote:
  “I understand the question people are raising.  It seems odd to an insider that somebody would take such a strong interest in a tradition and not have a personal commitment.”

  (b) Bob wrote:
  “The answer is that scholarship IS the practice, and we in the West make a separation between scholarship vs. practice.”

  (a) Yes, that’s it, Jim—because the interest is VERY strong, not just a passing fancy.

  (b) OK, Bob, that makes sense—the gnani path.

  Katherine