[Buddha-l] The Aquarian Gospel: Jesus, India, & Buddhism

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 19 02:23:40 MST 2007

Ngawang Dorje schreef:
> Hi,
>
>   Jesus in Japan
>   http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1632067,00.html
>   http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyotravel/tokyojapantravel/3523/tokyojapantravelinc.htm
>   http://thiaoouba.com/tomb.htm
>   http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article669332.ece
>
>   Regards,
>   Rahula
>

> jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:
>   Ps--here is another interesting site that presents the various folk (?)
> narratives of the travels of Jesus between his early 20s and when he popped
> up in his homeland again.
> This one includes a story that he went to Japan. "He was never crucified
> because he switched places with his younger brother Isukiri and managed to
> flee across Siberia to Alaska and back to Japan by boat." Etc.
> http://www.letusreason.org/NAM18.htm
> Joanna K.

It's funny to see rumors like this return now and again like they're in
an orbit around the globe. It's all nonsense of course. The best
research I read about it is in German:
http://www.amazon.de/Jesus-Indien-Ende-einer-Legende/dp/3466202701
I suppose this is also to be found in English, probably in
http://www.amazon.com/India-Europe-Wilhelm-Halbfass/dp/0887067956/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195464134&sr=8-1

erik