[Buddha-l] Tibet uprisings: staged violence?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Apr 1 10:46:59 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 12:34 -0400, Curt Steinmetz wrote:
> Like all good disinformation, this meme just keeps going:
> http://english.ntdtv.com/?c=145&a=2492
>
> The claims of the story are that (1) riots in Lhasa were "staged" by the
> Chinese Communist Party, and (2) "British Intelligence" has confirmed this.
>
> No evidence has been presented for either of these claims. None. They
> are simply asserted.

Do you have any evidence that there is not evidence for these claims? As
far as I can see, this claim that there is no evidence is simply being
asserted.

Your noble attempts to justify ad hominem attacks on the credentials of
Gordon Thomas are more amusing than convincing.

I say all this in complete agreement with the conclusions you arrive at
Curt. I think it is highly unlikely that Chinese agents provocateurs
staged the violence in Tibet and that British Intelligence confirmed
that. I am also ready (perhaps a little too ready) to dismiss anything
said by anyone anywhere to the right of Dennis Kucinich. But I am a
deeply prejudiced ideologue driven by obscure agnostic predilections of
a probable neurotic provenience, so my agreement with you does not help
your flimsy case all that much.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy