[Buddha-l] Words of thanks

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 1 11:01:22 MDT 2008

In a message dated 4/1/2008 11:39:19 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

It is  wonderful to see so many good discussions on buddha-l. It would be
even  more wonderful to see some of our Asian, European and  antipodean
subscribers joining Wong Weng-Fai, Piya Tan and Erik Hoogcarspel  in
giving this forum more diversity of viewpoints of the same high  quality
as theirs.
====
Recently I was sent this link about the problems at a wat between the
cultural needs of ethnic Buddhists and the dhamma needs of US  born Buddhists:
_http://www.youtube.http://wwwhttp://www.youhttp://wwwh_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPDPxORJboU#GU5U2spHI_4) .  I know of several other wats going through
the same problem. I know of very few  US Buddhist communities that haven't
split into a US part and ethnic part. They  are friendly toward each other but
have little if any interaction.

How do you non-US participants see this problem?

Jack

Home.