[Buddha-l] Re: Tozan's blue mountain and white cloud

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Apr 18 14:29:54 MDT 2008

On Friday 18 April 2008 02:00, BCarral wrote:

>    But it's not because of language, it's because their
> mind is blocked by concepts. For instance, I once asked
> them,  "Why  do we have eyes?" And they were all caught
> by these words.

Maybe we should trade students, Benito. I have a room full of students that
I'm trying to encourage to think conceptually, and they all sit there staring
at me like a bowl full of Zen guppies. It's been months since I saw any
evidence of even a single concept going through their minds.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy