[Buddha-l] guided meditation

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Mon Apr 28 11:53:47 MDT 2008

Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:
> I don't see how active imagination has anything to do with Buddhist guided
> meditation. What did you have in mind?

To me, any meditation that follows any kind of a "program" of what is
supposed to happen during meditation is a kind of guided meditation.
Active imagination is different from the usual variety of guided
meditation because it (1) explicitly uses specific concepts from Jungian
psychology, and (2) it is open ended - that is, a "scene" is set up, so
to speak, but one doesn't know how things will play out beyond setting
up the initial parameters.