[Buddha-l] Purpose of life

Catalina c_castell at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 07:05:59 MDT 2008

Hi all,

My purpose of life as a buddhist is my purpose of life as a person (something that changes almost all the time depending on feelings, thoughts and situations...)

A "buddhist" purpose of life I would say it would be to try to do not be born again (if you believe in reincarnation) or to help all living beings (yourself included) to not suffer any more.

About Camus' question I would say it is a silly question. I suposse once you are living you just live, finding a purpose or not having time nor energy to think about it...I can imagine a huge list of raisons why life is both worth living or not...depending on how you see or live things that happen to you or others. Biologically speaking we have a tendency to try to survive and give us pleasure and avoid suffering.

Have a nice day

Catalina