[Buddha-l] FW: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 11:03:55 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/8/2008 11:52:03 A.M. Central Standard Time,
twin_oceans at yahoo.com writes:

I found  Zen about a year or two after I stopped doing TM; then, after 15
years of Zen,  I found Vipassana, which, in my opinion 7 years later, is a much
better match  for me personally.
===
I had much the same experience. I started off with TM in the early 70's,
then went to Zen and have been doing vipassana for the last 25+ years. I  had
trouble with TM after two years. Every time I meditated it was like entering  a
nightmare. This caused me to quit meditating for a year or two. Then I  got Zen
instruction and everything has been fine since. I think part of my  problem
with TM was that I never went back to the TM instructors after I started
having problems.

TM as I was taught is just samadhi meditation and fits within a Buddhist
framework. I still use my TM mantra for meditation every once and awhile. I
wonder what the problem I had and others had was all about.

Jack H

48)