[Buddha-l] FW: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies

S.A. Feite sfeite at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 8 11:59:24 MST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008, at 1:39 PM, Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:

> Buddhist meditation teachings have had successful results for
> thousands of
> years without mentioning kundalini and the other stuff in your
> email above. So,
>  either the meditation instructions in TM are different from
> Buddhist mantra
> meditation instruction or something else is going on.

What type of Buddhist mantra meditation are you referring to?

The whole idea of initiation in TM is that they perform a brief prana-
pratishtha ritual to imbibe the mantra with shakti and create a link
between the teachers shakti and the mantra. For that reason, a few
people who start TM do have spontaneous awakenings sometimes even at
the moment of initiation.

I too have to say I've *never* seen any side effects from Buddhist
meditation--and certainly no kundalini problems even in Tsa-Lung
(nadi-vayu) practitioners, although they do warn things could go
wrong for some people.

-Steve