[Buddha-l] Re: The mess in America

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 11 13:09:21 MST 2008

> > 4. This brought forth what appeared to me to be an irrational rant,
> > accusing me of fantasizing the whole thing.
>
> Read with care and try your best not to overinterpret what you read. What
was
> suggested was not that you were fantasizing "the whole thing" but that you
> were mistaken about the tone of those who in the past have not always
agreed
> with you. You characterized the tone as jeering. I see no evidence of
that. I
> have seen people disagree with you, but never in a sneering, jeering or
> dismissive way.

Here verbatim is the actual post I was referring to in #4 above. It came
from a different Richard:

---
>Dan Lusthaus: In the Mideast, she would be killed ("Honor killings") --  by
her own family (father, brother).

Reading comprehension difficulties? Or, just twisted into something it was
not?
 ---

That does not read as addressing imputed jeering, but about the facticity of
honor killings.

Dan