[Buddha-l] Re: The mess in America

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Feb 11 14:30:56 MST 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 13:09, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> Here verbatim is the actual post I was referring to in #4 above. It came
> from a different Richard:
>
> ---
>
> >Dan Lusthaus: In the Mideast, she would be killed ("Honor killings") --
> > by
>
> her own family (father, brother).
>

> Reading comprehension difficulties? Or, just twisted into something it was
> not?
>  ---
>
> That does not read as addressing imputed jeering, but about the facticity
> of honor killings.

Nice try to introduce a red herring into the discussion. Richard's cryptic
comment cannot possibly be the jeering to which you were referring initially.
What you originally said was that when you brought up the question of shariah
in Europe last fall, it was met with jeers. I still claim that was a false
perception on your part.

--
Richard