FW: [Buddha-l] Re: Republicans are Happier?

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 09:03:33 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/23/2008 10:22:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jkirk at spro.net writes:

My view  as well, based on what I've read about issues in gathering
information via  questionnaires, in constructing questionnaires, and so on.
This is why I  couldn't consider any so-called "happiness" survey, including
the Pew  survey under discussion, reliable.
===
Dan Gilbert, the Harvard psychology professor, has written extensively on
happiness. His book Stumbling on Happiness has lots of footnotes on  methodology
and addresses the problem of how to determine if a person is really  happy.

I have read of studies using brain waves to get at the true feeling under
the gloss people put  on them.

Jack

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)